Questions for Marketing Managers in charge of hiring.
Dear Marketing Managers,
This is an open letter to any marketing manager that has ever been tasked to hire an employee. I have several questions that I would like to get answered to aid in the career searches of friends; I figured, why not go to the source?
Please feel free to answer as many questions as you can honestly and to have your co-workers answer as well. I would like a broad spectrum of answers.
- How do you feel about listing coursework as relevant experience?
- Would it be beneficial to have links to my Social Media Profiles in my resume?
- Do you want to mailed a copy of my resume first then a follow-up email: or vice versa?
- Are you concerned about unexplained (in cover letter) short stints at companies?
- Do you read cover letters entirely?
- Would it be a bother to be called for a follow-up?
- If not, how soon after you get it should I call?
- Are you interested in seeing Social Media experience?
- Would a fancy resume grab your attention or would you prefer an orderly resume?
- Would you like to hear about small side gigs?
- What is one thing you would like to see?
Thank you for taking the time to respond; in today’s economy, it could help more people than you think.