Job Search Lessons Learned
Well, it’s been several months into my job search and I feel that I should share a few of my lessons learned.
- Cover letters can’t be a template – I tried keeping a template for each cover letter that I wrote and ended up writing and rewriting each time I was applying for a position
- Job descriptions are different ‘on paper’ than they are explained
- Shorter tenures at jobs can (and must) be explained
- Re-answer every question you have been asked on an interview – assume you will be asked something more ‘out there’
- Only hitting refresh on a job search doesn’t cut it
- Sit on a job description before you write your cover letter
Now I know this is a relatively short list, but trust me, these are not all of the lessons I have learned. However, I believe some lessons can’t be read about and don’t translate to every job search.